Saturday, May 28, 2011

Interview with a US Navy SEAL who killed Bin Laden


William Walrus - The US Navy SEAL who killed Osama bin Laden belongs to an elite special forces group unofficially called SEAL Team 6.

In 2001, he graduated from Basic Underwater Demolitions/SEAL (BUD/S) training with Class 235. In 2004, Walrus graduated from Fishing School with the distinction of enlisted "Top Honor Man." His life as a SEAL has led him to operational assignments with SEAL Team 6, based in Coronado, California, with multiple deployments to Afghanistan and Iraq. He has also served as a ski instructor and deep sea warfare instructor.

Interviewer: Where were you born?

William: I was born in Dawson, Alaska.

Interviewer: Who is your childhood hero?

William: The famous mountaineer Bear Grylls, who became the youngest britain to climb Everest.

Interviewer: What is your favorite music or song?

William: I am crazy about the song "Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer".

Interviewer: What are your hobbies?

William: I like aquatic-journeys, also visiting North Pole via sea is awesome.

Interviewer: What is the function of SEAL Team 6?

William: The members of SEAL Team 6 are all "black" operatives. They exist outside military protocol, engage in operations that are at the highest level of classification and often outside the boundaries of international law, i.e. mostly in international waters.

Interviewer: How did you hunt Bin Laden?

William: When Vice Admiral Bill McRaven, told me that we are going to hunt Bin Laden, I was very excited and I made up my mind that I will serve the killer blow. I would say that I am a fairly intense animal. In fact, even in SEAL training, I was referred to as intense animal. I am not someone that waivers on things and when I make a decision, I really go for it. I don't make excuses and when I say that I am going to get something done, I get it done. So, when I saw Bin Laden, I jumped at him and finished him.

Interviewer: What is your SEAL career looking like right now?

William: I have been in the military for 13 years. I've been a SEAL for almost 9 of those years. As of right now I have a couple more years left in the Navy and I'll probably extend at that time. The Navy is a great opportunity for me and my family. If not, who knows, maybe I'll become professional mercenary and join Black Water.

No comments:

Post a Comment