Friday, May 6, 2011

US Pilot says, a wall is a good place to land a helicopter


The US Pilot who was flying the Apache helicopter, that crash landed on the wall of Bin Laden's compound in Abbotabad says, " During training my instructor always told me that the Wall of China is a good place to land a helicopter, as it somewhat resembles an air strip. I did a lot of simulator sessions with him, for successfully landing a chopper on the Wall of China, and it took a lot of practice to master chopper landing on such a thin wall. But I must say that, the simulator never crashed...".

He further said that "When Vice Admiral William McRaven, told me to do preparation for Operation Geronimo, I thought we will be doing operation somewhere in China. So, I asked Admiral McRaven, that is our destination in China? McRaven said, what do you think stupid??? So, when we reached at our target site, I thought we have reached the Wall of China, and tried to land my chopper there. But unfortunately, my chopper crashed... and Team Beta had to come for our rescue..." 

No comments:

Post a Comment