Sunday, June 30, 2013

Altaf Hussain quits MQM


Mutahida Qaumi Movement Quaid, Altaf Hussain has announced to relinquish the Party Leadership.

Terming a recently conducted raid on his house in London as a disgrace to his reputation, MQM Leader, Altaf Hussain, has announced to voluntarily relinquish the party leadership henceforth.

"Metropolitan Police raided my house. When the home of a person, who also happens to be the political leader of millions of people, is subjected to a raid by law enforcing agencies, then it becomes imperative for him to step down on moral grounds", said Altaf Hussain.

He said he was renouncing the Leadership of his Party since New Scotland Yard ransacked his house in North West London and confiscated many items/documents in connection with Dr Imran Farooq murder case investigation.

"I am abdicating my responsibility as the Quaid-e-Tehreek. I am transferring my powers to MQM Coordination Committee", said he.

No comments:

Post a Comment